Friday, April 29, 2011

I'd be terrible at playing cards

Well, it's Friday and I did get quite a bit done this week. I sent off my finished Hands-2-Help Charity Quilt to Judi at Green Fairy Quilts. I finished my Goodie Bag swap Bag and all the little extras that will go into the bag. I sewed 2 Mug Rug flags for my daughters History class, and finished my Scrappy Mug Rug swap Mug Rug (sounds repetitious). Here is my "why I'd be a terrible card player" problem. Both of my secret partners for the above mentioned swaps had very specific, almost unique "likes" for their swaps. I'm afraid if I post photo's as a sneak peek they will know IMMEDIATELY that I am their "no longer" secret partner. So, I'll give you sneak peeks here. Unless they are visiting blogs of everyone who signed up for the swap I don't think they figure it out.

likes: "practical", dark (black), red and white. Needs a bigger bag to carry stuff.

long straps

likes hexies

lots of interior pockets, one with a zipper (interior) and zippered top (outside)

for me it's all about the finishing details in unexpected places- button "feet" and hidden hexies

and for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap

My partner likes: linen, polka dots, bright modern florals

a treat to go with the mug rug (2, to-go rugs , one for each of her  little boys)

back-o'-the rugs: hopefully you can see the boy karma happening. Also, my partner likes fish, and zoo animals

close-up of the back- hot beverage cup and the little fish

front with pieced circle

getting closer.......

closest! I really hopes she likes it.

So, I'll post the pictures here and as the swaps get closer to the finish line, perhaps I'll put my poker face on and play the wild cards.




9 comments:

  1. Really like how you added the button feet and the hidden hexies on the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mug rug is lovely! The circle and echo quilting are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! You will have a very happy partner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bag. You are so right, the details are what makes a bag. Those buttons and hexies add just the right touch. Love those mug rugs too. I'm addicted to making them and love to see what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got a lot of stuff done. I am sitting on my pile of scraps for the mug rug swap hoping to get a chance to do some piecing tonight. I am now 'following' you from the mug rug swap blog list... but not 'stalking' you, LOL!
    ~Kimberlee, www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am a fellow scrappy mug rug participant and your new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mug rugs...beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mug rugs are wonderful! Great images and fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Stephanie, I love that polka dot mug rug.
    I just finished a Malka Dubrawsky table topper that uses spiral quilting. Isn't it a blast to do and looks great ! ! !
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….