Friday, April 11, 2014

Birthday Bandy- April, Joey's month

I can now post this since Joey has received her package. April was Joey's  "Birthday" month, so this is what I sent. They are for her dogs, but since I didn't have one handy, or in the right size, the garden rabbit was drafted.

They are pieced and densely quilted doggie collars. One with a "white" neutral background, the other in grays. Doggie collars are a first for me so I hope she likes them. They are adjustable and washable.
 The inside of one is green polka dot, the other purple.
In addition, I made Joey a small zip pouch that she can stuff with whatever her heart desires. She mentioned that she has developed a liking for juvenile prints, so I hope these sweet mice are what she had in mind.
Zip pouch front

Zip pouch, back

Happy Birthday Joey!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome idea with the dog collars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog collars are AMAZING!! I love them, thank you so much! I put them on the dogs as soon as I got them home. SO GREAT. I've not sewed my dogs anything so far, but now you've put me in the mood and I have visions of matching leashes and dog beds dancing in my head. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I've been so giddy over the collars I didn't properly thank you for the pouch, too. It is terrific! I will absolutely use it a ton, I've already put swewing supplies into it. Love the Heather Ross mice, and also love the text and polkadots you matched it with. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really awesome! I love the matchstick quilting. Need to give that a go. Beautiful work as always

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make her some collars for her pups. Nice job and super cute!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….