Saturday, September 27, 2014

September snap, it's Fall

The summer whizzed by and now Fall has arrived. September was busy mailing things here and there.

Haven @do.good stitches blocks for Emilee were 2 low volume scrappy trips around the world.

September Birthday Bandy Swap was for Cinda. I went bright and chose orange and pink linen. Did some improv piecing and some embroidery on the shoe bags. I threw some metallic threads into the mix on the traveling jewelry case and made them all bright enough to find in any suitcase. There are a few other little things in the package, but somethings need to be a surprise.
Fronts, shoe bags and travel jewelry case

backs

close up stitching. I used some metallic thread (on the left), again

Interior of zippered jewelry case. LOTS of pockets a zippered mini pouch and padding to protect everything.
I also finished and bound 2 quilts and started on a third, but those will be in another post a bit later. (One of them is a Christmas gift and well, can't spoil that surprise).

5 comments:

  1. Love those LV blocks! And what lovely little gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your birthday swap package sure has a wonderful and large amount of sewing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous amount of sewing and caring packed into that birthday swap package--the recipient should be thrilled. Agree on the surprise thing--we'll check back and see what's up at a later date.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I love that bag (My name I'd Hillary and I have a bag problem. That's the first step right?). Pink, Orange and Silver all together? What a unique and modern color pallette? You inspire me Stephanie, that you do.

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag . . . drool! (My name is Hillary and I have a bag addiction. That's the first step right?) I would never have imagined the combination of pink, orange and silver together but oh it is brilliant. You are an artist (speaking of which, I'm totally stealing your Annie Leibovitz idea!!)

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….